Saturday, May 22, 2010

Holly Wiloughby Fakes

Ram Jam

Black Betty

The first time I heard Ram Jam was in fifth grade, was one of the primary groups in my rock formation. One winter evening my brother, who was sixth, came home with the little 45 RPM record. He had been given in the student exchange.

We started in the rock with a portable transistor radios, these miracle boxes that will fit in the hand, the predecessor of the Walkman, the Discman and the Ipod. As in the song Rock n roll Velvet Underground, the magic that came from the amplitude modulation we captured: La Pantera, Capital Radio and Radio Success. The hard rock was the wave, we were fans of Kiss, Queen, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent and, after hearing the single Black Betty, Ram Jam also placed among our favorites.
did not know it was a success in America, but the energy that fired the high-speed rotating vinylite electrocuted us. raw sound, that riff in the wild, fierce fife and phrasing of guitarist Bill Bartlett also look like a rock band playing black greasy and sweaty, despite to be touched by whites of censorship, indicated it was considered that Black Betty was a racist song. On Side B includes I Should Have Know. Time passed disquito that was lost, we never hear from them. For some reason the industry and market their only two albums were not available. Years later, my brother moved to Miami and settled with his family. I used to visit frequently. On one such trip I went to a used record store and rummaging I found a compilation called The Greatest Rock Performers . The selection is spotty, uneven for my taste (Alannah Myles, Bad Inglés, UFO, John Waite, Stevie Nicks, Uriah Heep, Bonnie Tyler, Bad Company, Meat Loaf, Gary Moore), however, when my eyes fell on the track 14, Ram Jam - Black Betty , I decided to pay the four dollars.
That afternoon I caught my brother to get on his truck. I said what I found Czech. I put the cd on the stereo, I selected the track 14 and you got the volume. This was what we heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

0 comments:

Post a Comment